The Humanoid & Human Centred Mechatronics Lab of the Department of Advanced Robotics at the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) an English-language research Institute placed in Genoa, Italy, is seeking to appoint highly motivated skilled and enthusiastic Mechanical Engineers with an excellent, well established record in designing, building and analysing robotics systems with highly customised sensing and actuation, and clever, functional, and aesthetic mechanical devices.
Specific responsibilities of the job would include the following:
- Design and optimise 3D/2D models of robot parts and assemblies.
- Develop, robot prototype, assemble and physically test novel customised designs.
- Interact with workshops and evaluate manufacturers and suppliers of nonstandard parts.
- Generate detailed technical documentation for 3D/2D assembly and parts manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines (electronics, software) to ensure the successful integration of their designs with the rest of the system.
The ideal candidate should possess a Mechanical Engineer degree and be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in hardware design and mechanism analysis with a proven portfolio of practical designs and excellent hands-on practical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of design software tools (primarily with Pro Engineer, ANSYS, other relevant also welcome) is a must. The position is open for immediate starting.